(241) Decision-making in mania: a PET study. Rubinsztein JS, Fletcher PC, Rogers RD, Ho LW, Aigbirhio FI, Paykel ES, Robbins TW and Sahakian BJ. 2001. Brain, volume 124, pages 2550-2663.
(242) Interaction between amygdala and neocortical inputs in the perirhinal cortex. Pelletier JG, Apergis-Schoute J and Pare D. 2005. Journal of Neurophysiology, volume 94, pages 1837-1848.
(243) Stimulation of the parasubiculum modulates entorhinal cortex responses to piriform cortex inputs in vivo. Caruana DA and Chapman CA. 2004. Journal of Neurophysiology, volume 92, pages 1226-1235.
(244) Dual pathways connecting the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex with the hippocampal formation and parahippocampal cortex in the rhesus monkey. Goldman-Rakic PS, Selemon LD and Schwartz ML. 1984. Neuroscience, volume 12, pages 719-743.
(245) Spontaneous emergence of leaders and followers in foraging pairs. Rands SA, Cowlishaw G, Pettifor RA, Rowcliffe JM and Johnstone RA. 2003. Nature, volume 423, pages 432-434.
(246) Lithium: evidence reconsidered. Moncrieff J. 1997. British Journal of Psychiatry, volume 171, pages 113-119.
(247) Mammalian choices: combining fast-but-inaccurate and slow-but-accurate decision-making systems. Trimmer PC, Houston AI, Marshall JA, Bogacz R, Paul ES, Mendl MT and McNamara JM. 2008. Proceedings. Biological Sciences / The Royal Society, volume 275, pages 2353-2361. The use of five hyphens in a title is unusual, and predicts accurately some unusual ideas, most notably that to flee is a decision and to freeze is a choice, that findings from the visual sense generalise to the other senses, and that the faster of the two mammalian systems that process stimuli is "thalamic" while the slower system is "cortical". Whatever happened to reflexes, instincts and the brainstem? The lack of integration implicit in hyphenation is further expressed in the steady introduction of new references as the paper progresses, and through a penultimate paragraph about "hybrid images".
(248) Adaptive numerical competency in a food-hoarding songbird. Hunt S, Low J and Burns KC. 2008. Proceedings. Biological Sciences / The Royal Society, volume 275, pages 2373-2379.
(249) Social foraging: producing and scrounging in a stochastic environment. Caraco T and Giraldeau L-A. 1991. Journal of Theoretical Biology, volume 153, pages 559-583.
(250) Multiple gossip statements and their effect on reputation and trustworthiness. Sommerfeld RD, Krambeck HJ and Milinski M. 2008. Proceedings. Biological Sciences / The Royal Society, volume 275, pages 2529-2536.