(441) A gain-control theory of binocular combination. Ding J and Sperling G. 2006. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, volume 103, pages 1141-1146.
(442) Modulation of beta oscillations in the subthalamic area during motor imagery in Parkinson's disease. Kuhn AA, Doyle L, Pogosyan A, Yarrow K, Kupsch A, Schneider GH, Hariz MI, Trottenberg T and Brown P. 2006. Brain, volume 129, pages 695-706.
(443) Gamma-band synchronization in visual cortex predicts speed of change detection. Womelsdorf T, Fries P, Mitra PP and Desimone R. 2006. Nature, volume 439, pages 733-736.
(444) Oxytocin modulates neural circuitry for social cognition and fear in humans. Kirsch P, Esslinger C, Chen O, Mier D, Lis S, Siddhanti S, Gruppe H, Mattay VS, Gallhofer B and Meyer-Lindenberg A. 2005. Journal of Neuroscience, volume 25, pages 11489-11493. With reference to the "double-blind" design, an informal debrief of the subjects avoided the risks of a formal test, and the experimenters were neither debriefed nor tested.
(445) Direct hypothalamo-autonomic connections. Saper CB, Loewy AD, Swanson LW and Cowan WM. 1976. Brain Research, volume 117, pages 305-312.
(446) Global and fine information coded by single neurons in the temporal visual cortex. Sugase Y, Yamane S, Ueno S and Kawano K. 1999. Nature, volume 400, pages 869-873.
(447) The distinct modes of vision offered by feedforward and recurrent processing. Lamme VAF and Roelfsema PR. 2000. Trends in Neurosciences, volume 23, pages 571-579.
(448) Dissociation of face-selective cortical responses by attention. Furey ML, Tanskanen T, Beauchamp MS, Avikainen S, Uutela K, Hari R and Haxby JV. 2006. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, volume 103, pages 1065-1070.
(449) On the automatic nature of phobic fear: conditioned electrodermal responses to masked fear-relevant stimuli. Öhman A and Soares JJF. 1993. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, volume 102, pages 121-132.
(450) Phase-locked responses to pure tones in the inferior colliculus. Liu LF, Palmer AR and Wallace MN. 2006. Journal of Neurophysiology, volume 95, pages 1926-1935.