(51) GABAergic modulation of the activity of globus pallidus neurons in primates: in vivo analysis of the functions of GABA receptors and GABA transporters. Galvan A, Villalba RM, West SM, Maidment NT, Ackerson LC, Smith Y and Wichmann T. 2005. Journal of Neurophysiology, volume 94, pages 990-1000.
With reference to making sense, the researchers' experiments showed that increased GABA levels in the pallidum were associated with decreased pallidal activity, which diminished the importance of extrasynaptic GABAergic transmission in the primate pallidum.
(52a) Intracellular analysis of synaptic mechanisms controlling trigeminal motoneuron activity during sleep and wakefulness. Chandler SH, Chase MH and Nakamura Y. 1980. Journal of Neurophysiology, volume 44, pages 359-371.
(52b) Intracellular analysis of synaptic potentials induced in trigeminal jaw-closer motoneurons by pontomesencephalic reticular stimulation during sleep and wakefulness. Chandler SH, Nakamura Y and Chase MH. 1980. Journal of Neurophysiology, volume 44, pages 372-382.
(53) Different time courses of learning-related activity in the prefrontal cortex and striatum. Pasupathy A and Miller EK. 2005. Nature, volume 433, pages 873-876.
(54) Existing motor state in favored at the expense of new movement during 13-35 Hz oscillatory synchrony in the human corticospinal system. Gilbertson T, Lalo E, Doyle L, Di Lazzaro V, Cioni B and Brown P. 2005. Journal of Neuroscience, volume 25, pages 7771-7779.
(55) The ipsilateral cerebellar hemisphere is overactive during hand movements in akinetic parkinsonian patients. Rascol O, Sabatini U, Fabre N, Brefel C, Loubinoux I, Celsis P, Senard JM, Montastruc JL and Chollet F. 1997. Brain, volume 120, pages 103-110. [If this reference has been accessed through reference (1558), then that reference page can be viewed underneath this reference page].
(56) Motor reorganizaton in asymptomatic carriers of a single mutant Parkin allele; a human model for presymptomatic parkinsonism. Buhmann C, Binkofski F, Klein C, Buchel C, van Eimeren T, Erdmann C, Hedrich K, Kasten M, Hagenah J, Deuschl G, Pramstaller PP and Siebner HR. 2005. Brain, volume 128, pages 2281-2290.
(57) Genome sequencing in microfabricated high-density picolitre reactors. Margulies M et al. 2005. Nature, volume 437, pages 376-380. Comment. Massively parallel sequencing. Rogers Y-H and Venter JC. 2005. Nature, volume 437, pages 326-327.
(58) Reducing the uncertainty: gating of peripheral inputs by zona incerta. Trageser JC and Keller A. 2004. Journal of Neuroscience, volume 24, pages 8911-8915.
(59) Gating of somatosensory evoked potentials during different kinds of movement in man. Rushton DN, Rothwell JC and Craggs MD. 1981. Brain, volume 104, pages 465-491.
(60) Localization, timing and specifity of gating of somatosensory evoked potentials during active movement in man. Cohen LG and Starr A. 1987. Brain, volume 110, pages 451-467.