(521) The functional neuroanatomy of working memory: contributions of human brain lesion studies. Muller NG and Knight RT. 2006. Neuroscience, volume 139, pages 51-58.
(522) Estimators of the precision of stereological estimates: an example based on the CA1 pyramidal cell layer of rats. Slomianka L and West MJ. 2005. Neuroscience, volume 136, pages 757-767.
(523) Preoptic glutamate facilitates male sexual behavior. Dominguez JM, Gil M and Hull EM. 2006. Journal of Neuroscience, volume 26, pages 1699-1703.
(524a) Prefrontal and parietal contributions to spatial working memory. Curtis CE. 2006. Neuroscience, volume 139, pages 173-180.
(524b) Selection and maintenance of saccade goals in the human frontal eye fields. Curtis CE and D'Esposito M. 2006. Journal of Neurophysiology, volume 95, pages 3923-3927.
(525) Unique, common, and interacting cortical correlates of thirst and pain. Farrell MJ, Egan GF, Zamarripa F, Shade R, Blair-West J, Fox P and Denton DA. 2006. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, volume 103, pages 2416-2421.
(526) A default mode of brain function. Raichle ME, MacLeod AM, Snyder AZ, Powers WJ, Gusnard DA and Shulman GL. 2001. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, volume 98, pages 676-682. According to the abstract, the oxygen extraction fraction is defined as "...the ratio of oxygen used by the brain to oxygen delivered by flowing blood...". According to the main text, "...The relationship of oxygen delivery to oxygen utilization can be measured quantitatively in the human brain...This measurement is usually referred to as the oxygen extraction fraction...". So, which is the numerator and which is the denominator in this fraction?
(527) Regional brain metabolism during auditory hallucinations in chronic schizophrenia. Cleghorn JM, Garnett ES Nahmias C, Brown GM, Kaplan RD, Szechtman H, Szechtman B, Franco S, Dermer SW and Cook P. 1990. British Journal of Psychiatry, volume 157, pages 562-570.
(528) Cognitive and emotional influences in anterior cingulate cortex. Bush G, Luu P and Posner MI. 2000. Trends in Cognitive Sciences, volume 4, pages 215-222.
(529) Lateralized cognitive processes and lateralized task control in the human brain. Stephan KE, Marshall JC, Friston KJ, Rowe JB, Ritzl A, Zilles K and Fink GR. 2003. Science, volume 301, pages 384-386.
(530) Toward a brain map of auditory hallucinations. Cleghorn JM, Franco S, Szechtman B, Kaplan RD, Szechtman H, Brown GM, Nahmias C and Garnett ES. 1992. American Journal of Psychiatry, volume 149, pages 1062-1069.